- Strong verb: Tried to forget.
- Autobiographical Phrase: I turned away.
- Loaded language: It really didn’t make sense
Just to leave this unresolved
It’s not hard to go the distance
When you finally get involved face to face.
- Questions: What are they saying when they say the lyrics; “You are dancing”?
- Is this mainly about Love, Politics, Inequality, or all of the above and more?
- Four Statements: “It’s not hard to go the distance
When you finally get involved face to face”
- “I turned away
Because I thought you were the problem
Tried to forget
Until I hit the bottom
But when I faced you
In my blank confusion
I realized you weren’t wrong,
It was a mere illusion”
- “I must admit
It’s my pride that made me distant
I hoped that you’d be someone different”
- “But the answer is in clear view
It’s amazing what you’ll find face to face”
Speaker: Daft Punk
Audience: Daft Punk fans, electronic music listeners
Topic/Focus: Coming “Face to Face” with the truth and that everything
isn’t always what you hope for.
Speaker’s Attitude Toward Topic: Daft Punk’s attitude towards this topic is,
in my opinion, serious and at the same time very intimate. They care about the topic, but
also don’t exaggerate it.
Personal Reaction: My personal reaction is that I couldn’t agree more with their message.
You don’t always get what you want, and coming face to face with that fact is sometimes what
you need to realize it and this song speaks the truth on many levels like love, politics, racism,